BB20 00035 Commercial Building Permit -Option to Include Mech and Plumb
Parcel #: 172401-1-016-2008
Status: Issued
Submitted: 1/10/2020
Approved: 1/29/2020
Issued: 2/3/2020
Expires: 4/6/2021
Required: 12
Complete: 5
Total Fees:
Additional fees may be required

Public Notice
Description Begin Date End Date

Rice Fergus Miller Architects
Cascade Natural Gas

License #: BJCGRI*033BZ

Gov Permit: N
Other Zoning: GC
Council District: DISTRICT 7
Census Class: 437/Add or Alter Other Buildings & Structures
Development Code: 120/Commercial, Remodel/Addn
Dwelling Units:
Business License Number:
Eng'd SW Req'd:
Non Eng'd SW Req'd:

Parcel(s) associated with your permit.
Parcel Owner Address


ALL submittal documents must be submitted in PDF form.  All other types will not be accepted.

Submittal Required Received Accepted

Approval Steps
Follow your application through the approval process.
Step Status Date

Start Complete Applicant Response

Fixture Quantity Per Unit Value
Total: $0.00

Valuation Quantity Rate Value
Bid Price from Applicant 528000.00 $1.00  / Total $528,000.00
Total: $528,000.00

Current fees for your permit are an estimate until the application has been submitted. Final amount due will be calculated upon submission of your completed application.
Fee Amount
BID PRICE2 $3,978.00
State Surcharge Commercial $25.00
Technology Fee $198.90
Plan Review Fee $2,585.70
Certificate of Occupancy $73.00
Total : $6,860.60

Type Number Amount Issued Expires Completed


If the inspection you are requesting is not essential, THE REQUEST WILL BE CANCELLED.  The Department of Community Development is operating in compliance with the Governor's order.

Completed On
Mechanical Rough-In 8/13/2020
Plumbing Rough-In 3/19/2020
L&I - Electrical Cover Inspection Before Framing (State of Washington)
Framing Inspection (Mechanical & Plumb Rough-In, Elect Cover Completed)
Insulation - Wall 3/26/2020
Sheetrock Nailing
Ceiling Grid 10/8/2020
Insulation - Ceiling 6/24/2020
L&I - Electrical Final Inspection
FIRE - Final Inspection
Final Inspection - Building
Certificate of Occupancy Issued by Community Development

Structure Use Occupancy Type Square Footage

City of Bremerton Business License Required: Any person who "engages in business" shall first obtain a general business license pursuant to Chapter 5.02 BMC when engaging in any of the following: Installing, constructing, or supervising installation or construction, repair or maintenance of real or tangible personal property. Transportation of construction debris or excavated material. This is required to be completed prior to issuance of any building permits.)
DCD: Validity of permit. The issuance or granting of a permit shall not be construed to be a permit for, or an approval of, any violation of any of the provisions of the Washington State Building code or of any other ordinance of the City of Bremerton. Permits presuming to give authority to violate or cancel the provisions of the Washington State Building code or other ordinances of the City of Bremerton shall not be valid. The issuance of a permit based on construction documents and other data shall not prevent the building official from requiring the correction of errors in the construction documents and other data. The building official is also authorized to prevent occupancy or use of a structure where in violation of the Washington State Building code or of any other ordinances of the City of Bremerton.
Final Inspection Required: All building permits shall have a final inspection performed and approved by the City of Bremerton Department of Community Development prior to permit expiration. The failure to request a final inspection or failure to obtain final approval prior to expiration may require a reactivation fee, or a new permit application if more than a year has passed with no activity. The permit expires 180 days past the date of inactivity. Required inspections: Any work required to be inspected and that is covered before such inspection may be required to be uncovered so that the inspection may be performed. Examples of inspections to be performed before covering are mechanical rough-in, plumbing rough-in, gas piping, framing, and sheetrock nailing.
The temporary use of streets or public property for the storage or handling of materials or of equipment required for construction or demolition, and the protection provided to the public shall comply with the provisions of the applicable governing authority, BMC 11.02. (IBC 3308.1)
Construction equipment and materials shall be stored and placed so as not to endanger the public, the workers or adjoining property for the duration of the construction project. (IBC 3301.2)
Construction Barriers (temporary fencing) shall be placed on the side of the walkway nearest the construction. Barriers shall extend the entire length of the construction site. Openings in such barriers shall be protected by doors (gates) that are normally kept closed.(IBC 3306.5)
Construction materials and equipment shall not be placed or stored so as to obstruct access to fire hydrants, standpipes, fire or police alarm boxes, catch basins or manholes, nor shall such material or equipment be located within 20 feet (6096 mm) of a street intersection, or placed so as to obstruct normal observations of traffic signs. (IBC 3308.1.1)
Fire apparatus access roads shall not be obstructed in any manner, including the parking of vehicles. (IFC 503.4)
ASBESTOS AND LEAD-BASED PAINT: ASBESTOS: Prior to performing any renovation or demolition work, Puget Sound Clean Air Agency and Washington Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) regulations require an asbestos survey be performed to determine whether there are asbestos-containing materials in the work area or structure. The asbestos survey must be conducted by and EPA-certified (AHERA) building inspector (except renovation or owner-occupied single family residences).For more information, please contact Clean Air Agency through their web site at or by phone at 800-552-3565 or 206-343-8800. The L&I web site can be found at LEAD-BASED PAINT: A contractor or person receiving compensation who is performing renovation, repairs or painting on a residential building or a child-occupied facility built before 1978, must be trained and certified by an accredited training provider, and registered as a Renovator by the Washington State Department of Commerce- Lead-Based Paint Program. For further information please contact: The Department of Commerce website at:, or call: (360) 586-LEAD (5323). CONTRACTOR: A contractor’s registration issued by Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries is required for anyone who contracts or submits bids for construction work, including new construction, alterations, repairs, or anyone who consults or superintends, improves, demolishes, develops residential property for sale, or “flips” houses. Contact L & I at (360)415-4000 for information.
DCD: Reinspection Fee: All approved plans, the printed building permit, and the permit inspection placard, are required to be on-site for inspection purposes, and work to be inspected shall be complete and ready for inspection. If an inspection is called for and plans are not available on site, or the work is not ready for inspection, approval will not be granted. In addition, a re-inspection fee will be charged and must be collected by the Department of Community Development prior to any further inspections being performed or approvals granted.
DCD: Approved Plans, Engineering, Site Plan, Permit, and Conditions shall remain on site and be available for inspection. Any changes to plans shall be approved before construction is performed. Architect or engineer of record shall approve the change before submitting a revision. A revision is subject to a revision fee and additional fees for plan review and inspections.
Plumbing work shall be performed by a Level 01 Journeyman Plumber licensed in the state of Washington. Residential plumbing work may be performed by a Level 01 or :Level 02 Journeyman Plumber licensed in the state of Washington. Single family residential plumbing work may be performed by the owner.
A separate electrical permit issued through Labor & Industries (L&I) is required for any new, modified, repair, replacement, service, maintenance, or temporary installations. Electrical work is inspected by L&I prior to cover and the framing inspection. Contact L&I at 360-415-4000 or (RCW 19.28)
To satisfy public records retention requirements and public disclosure requests, a set of as-built plans in electronic format shall be submitted to the Building Dept. before the final building inspection is scheduled. The format may be in .pdf (preferred), .jpg, or .tif electronic files and submitted on CD, flash drive or other acceptable method as determined by the information technology specialist. As-built plans include the civil drawings, site plan, floor plans, construction and structural drawings, and facility systems.
Certificate of Occupancy: A Certificate of Occupancy must be issued for the building prior to use and occupancy. Please call (360) 473-5870 to schedule the required final building inspection after the final Development Engineering, Public Works, Planning Department, Health District and L&I Electrical inspections have been performed and approved. OCCUPANCY – Certificate of Occupancy inspections by Building and Fire Departments after the occupancy is stocked and stored and before opening to the public may be requested by email at or (360)473-5870.
Call before you dig: Calling 811, two business days before you begin digging, will alert utilities to come out and mark THEIR buried lines from the street to your house For FREE!
No sign shall be placed, erected, or displayed without first obtaining a sign permit unless exempted under BMC 20.52.040. Sign size and placement regulations can be found in BMC 20.52. Off-premise signage is prohibited.
A double check valve assembly is required on the domestic water supply, install near water meter. Note: In review of consumption history, the existing 3" meter could be reduced to a 1" meter to save on fixed fees and reduce the cost of the backflow assembly.
Cross Connection: All irrigation systems for commercial or industrial facilities shall have separate service lines and separate meters. Residential and multi family facilities may install the irrigation system on the domestic supply. This requirement is in place because the wastewater billing fees are tied to water consumption. All facilities with irrigation systems shall have an approved double check valve assembly installed on the service line within (2) two feet of the water meter to proved premises isolation (when the backflow assembly is off, everything on the property will be without water). Systems with chemical addition or auxiliary water supplies will be required to install an approved reduced pressure backflow assembly within (2) feet of the water meter to provide premises isolation. Approved assemblies are assemblies on the current Washington State Department of Health approved assembly list.
Cross Connection: All approved assemblies must be tested by a certified Washington State backflow assembly tester at the time of installation, whenever serviced or moved, and annually thereafter.
Must comply with Title 20 of the Bremerton Municipal Code and development regulations of the General Commercial zone (BMC 20.62). All development not shown on the approved plans must be submitted for review and approval prior to construction.

Required Permits
Type Requirement For Number Status